WORKING TOGETHER IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As we all continue to navigate Covid-19, Canem Systems wants to remind our partners that we remain adaptable and committed to delivering the highest quality of service. We are taking proactive measures to protect the health and safety of our teams and our partners across Canada. Although the situation around us continues to change, the commitment we have to you and our projects will not.
Canem Systems business remains operational as we adhere to guidelines, recommendations and protocol set by all levels of government and health officials representing each of our operating regions. Several measures have been taken to ensure we are still operational while doing our part to limit the spread of Covid-19. Leadership has mandated all employees whose roles allow for them to work remotely, to do so. While for now we may no longer share workspaces, we will continue to share communications and collaborate with our stakeholders through email, phone, and video calls on a frequent basis. For our jobsites where working remotely is not an option, we are taking all necessary precautions to remain operational and, most importantly, safe. Through consistent communication channels with trade partners and our clients, we are evaluating new information and risks on a daily basis. We are working at the direction of local health authorities and incorporating any additional requirements as dictated by our clients.
Some of the measures implemented on project sites to date include:
• Workers are required to maintain a 2 meter distance from a fellow worker
• Working with our partners to ensure shared facilities are being sanitized on a daily and/or more frequent basis
• Working with our partners to bring in extra shared facilities such as lunch rooms to ensure physical distancing
• Split shifts and/or staggered breaks
• Increased deep cleaning in addition to continuous surface cleaning
• Increased sanitization of surfaces in Canem service and work vehicles
• Reduction of in-person meetings, while emphasizing physical distancing or virtual meetings when possible
• Work stations, power tools and individual tools and devices are not being shared
• Tracking of affected workers including health questionnaires prior to hires, return to sites and rehire of all employees
• Site-specific action plans and increased communication for responsible operation and attendance
• Posting communication on our sites and trailers relating to prevention, helpful guides and Federal, Provincial and/or industry resources
• Development of extensive safe work procedure for pandemic planning and adaptability
Employee Health and Safety
In order to continue providing your teams with the highest quality of service, we are ensuring that we take care of ours. Resources and information from health authorities and government have been circulated to our employees as they have been made available. We have also implemented the following measures:
• Formalized a Covid-19 response team
• Launched an area on our intranet for information and resources
• Communication for all Covid-19 related inquiries to an internal email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Workplace Learning Solutions – Digital delivery of services
We will continue to uphold continuous communication and collaboration with our clients, trade partners and stakeholders to ensure all necessary precautions are taken to achieve collective success for project needs. Canem Systems places the highest value on the partnerships that we have established with our clients and all stakeholders.
We are committed to you, your colleagues and your families in this time of hardship.